Topic

Sawtooths 10 days from now?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning Sawtooths 10 days from now?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Rusty Beaver
    BPL Member

@rustyb

Locale: Idaho

I hear the snow is currently quite thin for this time of year. Anyone been up there this year?

I'm just trying to imagine what the trail system up high would be like this early. I've always gone much later. Itching to get out but don't feel like tromping through mud…or lots of snow. Wildflowers are going to be thin too, I'm guessing.

Anyone?

Steve S

@idahosteve

I am planning on heading up there next week. There is still snow, but snow pack this year was at 71% of normal. The north face sections are always the hangups, this year no exception. I usually either call the Stanley Ranger Station for trail updates, and I use this site to check visually http://sawtoothcamera.com/fullsize.html .
    Are you in Idaho? Drop me a line if you want to hike!

Steve S

@idahosteve

There is snow still up high, but you can hike as far as Sawtooth Lake out of Iron Cr, with snow at the lake. Last night a skiff of snow in the valley floor, gone today, and possible couple of inches in the high country. Redfish Canyon hikable, but the Flat Rock Jct creek crossing pretty high.
    Typical reports for the area this time of year.

Info from the Ranger Station in Stanley

Rusty Beaver
    BPL Member

@rustyb

Hey Steve,

Thanks for the info. And yes, I'm from ID. I'll send you an email in a bit.

rusty

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools