Topic

Kudo’s to MSR

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Kudo’s to MSR

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Steve Meier
    BPL Member

@smeier

Locale: Midwest

Just a shout out to MSR on outstanding customer service. I recently lent out my 8 year old Hubba Hubba to some friends who reported back to me that the tent wetted out on them, something it had never done to me but it had been some time since I had used it. Upon closer inspection the sealed seams were cracking and the underside of the fly was sticky. I heard about this same thing happening to others on BPL and that MSR had given them a new fly. I emailed MSR and explained the situation. They are replacing my fly free of charge, no further questions asked, even as long as I've had it. Steller customer service and will result in my choosing their products in the future!

Josh Brock

@needsabath

Locale: Outside

Same thing happened to a Mountain hardwear tent I had but I bought it at REI so they just took it back. but the whole floor came off and it was only used a couple times.

Sam Farrington
    BPL Member

@scfhome

Locale: Chocorua NH, USA
    John Holmes

@jcholmes

Locale: SouthEastern US

Everything they make has a lifetime replacement guarantee. As long as the item has not been abused, they will replace it (with the current model) for life. I'd bet at least 1/2 the Hubbas in existence have a fly newer than the tent. when the hose started delaminating, they replaced my 4 year old Platypus hydration bladder with the lastest model.

You get what you pay for…especially from CD.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools