Topic

HMG UltaMid 2 first impression and pics

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) HMG UltaMid 2 first impression and pics

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 92 total)
  • Author
    Yoyo
    Spectator

@dgposton

Locale: NYC metro

Is this designed as a 2 person tent? I'm still in the market for a shelter for my wife, 3 yr old daughter, and myself. Not sure if they will go for a floorless shelter, though.

Alaskaoneday
    BPL Member

@alaskaoneday-2

Locale: Northern CA

I really like the net. It is floorless and has a thin shock cord drawstring on the bottom edge so it wraps around the bottom edge of your pad. I have not had any problems so far with it staying on and I tend to sleep very athletically. Easy out too as you can flip it off when you want to get up so no scooting to the door. Weighs about 3oz.

Peter S
    BPL Member

@prse

Locale: Denmark

Great photos, they say a lot. This looks like an awesome 2 person cuben pyramid shelter. The door on the short side makes it easier to live in if you are 2.

Drooling…

scree ride

@scree

Others are getting their tarps today, my packs coming in…
    They need to hire more people to keep up with orders. You could pay them cheap so our price comes down and Mike could stand around watching them to make sure the straps are cut straight…jeez…
    There was an old man, a little boy, and a donkey…
    It looks like a damn nice tent for the cash. I'm envious. Thanks for the pictures.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

You could pay them cheap so our price comes down and Mike could stand around watching them to make sure the straps are cut straight…jeez..

totally.

I love sarcasm. Thanks Scree

J C
    BPL Member

@joomy

@Richard: That's an awesome set up. Love the groundsheet + bug net inner; super modular!

@Ken
    : I feel your pain. There seems to be a few people here who not only think their opinions are more valid than others, but also seem to feel the need to point out (as rudely as possible) whenever someone says something they think is "wrong".

Keith F

@hamerica

Locale: Northern Virginia

That net/poncho combination looks like a nice system, I had never considered that before. Thanks Richard.

David Ure

@familyguy

nm

scree ride

@scree

…you're not working hard enough.
    When was the last time anybody here had a perfect day at work? Why all the nit picking when others don't? Everything and everybody has their flaws. While we strive for perfection, it's an imperfect world. That is the beauty of it. The world is perfect in it's own imperfection.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

"There seems to be a few people here who not only think their opinions are more valid than others, but also seem to feel the need to point out (as rudely as possible) whenever someone says something they think is "wrong"."

I do that too at times. Usually right though, most of the time. Like now.

A lot of the time I don't think the comments were intended to be rude. Just a short, blunt, cut to the chase type answer/comment because some people don't like to type a tome for every post. That lovely fog of the internet clouding how we said it tone wise.

I wish HMG all the best that they deserve. My suggestion is to pay just a little more attention to the little details. Good luck.

scree ride

@scree

Perhaps we all need to pay more attention to the details. Such is life.

Don Selesky
    Spectator

@backslacker

FWIW, the Ultamid isn't on the HMG webpage today as an option under "shelters." Discontinued?

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

Read here Don

Don Selesky
    Spectator

@backslacker

Ah! Thanks.

J C
    BPL Member

@joomy

Davey, I have no interest in continuing this idiotic spat. I think it's clear who the troll is.

David Ure

@familyguy

nm

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

boys…

David Ure

@familyguy

nm

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

On the internet, nobody knows you're a Doug….

.doug

J C
    BPL Member

@joomy

I edited because I want this to end. You are the troll here.

David Ure

@familyguy

nm

W I S N E R !
    Spectator

@xnomanx

Damn, where'd the pictures go?
    I thought this was becoming a meme fight…

David Ure

@familyguy

nm

Derrick White
    BPL Member

@miku

Locale: Labrador

FWIW I as one member am getting tired of threads going off topic with people insulting each other.

This is happening increasingly here on BPL. Its really quite simple, you can disagree with an opinion and challenge it politely, but judging the person shouldn't be tolerated. That line gets crossed when you attack the person not their point.

I would wholeheartedly support those that insult others being kicked off here. You are polluting an otherwise positive and helpful community.

This thread is about the HMG Ultamid 2.

Derrick

Mike Allen

@michaellea62

Locale: UTAH

Thanks Derrick, I'm with you on that one.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 92 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools