Topic

Wind-resistance of ultralight, 2-person shelters?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Wind-resistance of ultralight, 2-person shelters?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Ross L
    BPL Member

@ross

Locale: Beautiful BC

Tipi Walter

I have very rarely had spindrift issues, although condensation has been somewhat common. I always stake my perimeter tight to the ground but usually jam a rock under the perimeter near the foot end or lee side to lift up a short section for ventilation. I try to initiate high/low airflow this way without letting in errant breezes (and spindrift). It definitely helps reduce condensation too.

Those little old Chouinard mids were sure light and pretty way back then, too bad the liveability was dicey.

Tipi Walter
    BPL Member

@tipiwalter

Josh Brock—
    You don't have to convince me about the incredible warmth and comfort which comes from a woodheated Tipi. I used to live in one but it wasn't portable and it wasn't a Kifaru. See below pic.

So, I occasionally think about gearing up with a 10 lb shelter kit of a small Kifaru with a stove and just return to my winter glory years in style inside a woodheated lodge—but this time moveable.

Tipi

Viewing 2 posts - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools