Topic

zion national park

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning zion national park

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Adam Cassis
    BPL Member

@acassis

Locale: SoCal

i am planning an overnight backpacking trip in Zion. i will be doing the narrows as a day hike, but am looking at doing the west rim trail or the la verkin creek trail. anyone have any input? i hear west rim is the most scenic, but la verkin has the largest arch (or second) in the world.
    thanks!

David Ure

@familyguy

I did the Trans Zions Trek about 6 weeks ago. The Arch is a bit anticlimactic if you have spent any time in Canyonlands. I thought the West Rim was pretty amazing and would recommend that part of the area.

steven franchuk

@surf

Kolob arch is a very big one but you cannot get very close to it. the arch is near the top of the cliff while you can only view it from the bottom, on the other side of the valley. I didn't find it very impressive for those reasons.

I have heard Bear Trap canyon which is further east is interesting but water levels were too high when I went. I'll have to go back one of these years.

Marko Botsaris
    BPL Member

@millonas

Locale: Santa Cruz Mountains, CA

+1 on west rim!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools