Topic

Looking for a Liner Cap??

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Looking for a Liner Cap??

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

I wear silk long johns and thin, coolmax liner socks to help keep body sweat / oil away from my sleeping bag. I've found doing this — plus giving it a quick, post-trip wipe down go a long way to keeping the bag cleaner and fresher for longer. The only "gap" right now is the hood. Hair gets pretty oily after a few days — and I'm thinking of getting a light and thin, coolmax type cap for sleep wear. Is there such a thing? Something like a real thin beanie?

Jim W.
    BPL Member

@jimqpublic

Locale: So-Cal

I have a couple thin merino wool beanies. For sleeping I like Sierra Trading Post Item #4732C Terramar Thermawool Reversible Beanie Hat – 96% Merino Wool, 4% Spandex. It is thin, snug enough it doesn't work it's way off, and long enough to cover all my (short) hair and pull down over my eyes to block the moonlight. Spec is 1.3 ounces.

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

Headsweats makes all kinds of coolmax beenies.

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Howdy Jim — it's been a while! Anna – thanks as well! I will check them all out.

Ken Larson
    BPL Member

@kenlarson

Locale: Western Michigan

IBEX MERU WOOL SKULL CAP (0.3iIclo) (1.30oz)
    ARCTERYX POLARTEC SKULL CAP (1.3oz)
    Under Armor Original Skull Cap (1.2oz)
    BLACK ROCK DOWN HAT (900fp) – (.85oz)
    NUNATAK ESKER BEANIE(0.16iclo) (.28oz/875fp) – (0.776oz

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools