Topic

Klymit Inertia X Wave

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Klymit Inertia X Wave

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 26 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    michael levi

@m-l

Locale: W-Never Eat Soggy (W)affles

I used some making tape/ iron and made 2 extra V.s where the pillow used to be. I am a stomach sleeper and found that it got in the way.hhklymit x wave

Brian Phillips
    BPL Member

@fleab

Locale: The Flat Lands

Wow! That looks like the perfect solution. Any chance you could provide a few more details as to how you accomplished this?

michael levi

@m-l

I used masking tape to make straight lines, i used a few layers to direct the heat where I wanted.

Then I made two passes using the point of the iron, it doesnt take much heat to do this, be carefull. Its better to underdo it than overdo it.

Charlie Murphy
    BPL Member

@baltocharlie

Locale: MAryland

Hey all: This might be the ticket when sleeping in hot east coast weather. 3/4 length with openings. I like the fact that it is wide, less chance of rolling off. Those of you on the east coast, do you find it too warm in summer?

Aaron Sorensen
    BPL Member

@awsorensen

Locale: South of Forester Pass

Just picked up an x-wave.

I also have a inertia-x. The inertia-x is good to go with just your breath.

The x-wave seems to need a lot more air than what you can inflate it to with just your breath.
    Because the air has more available space to go it creates a flat spot much easier.

So you need the pump.

I love the drop with the cut outs but they are a little less comfortable on your side because the middle of the"V" is an odd shape on your leg.

The width is also perfect…

Jennifer Mitol
    Spectator

@jenmitol

Locale: In my dreams....

Thanks for the heads up about using the inflatable bulb thing. I had used the X-wave on a trip and was less than impressed about how much I bottomed out. I had pretty much given up on it and was going to sell it, but after reading this I went ahead and topped it off with the bulb and wow…lying on my hardwood living room floor it was so much better.

I'm a stomach and a side sleeper and it seems to work really well. If I blow it all the way up…

michael levi

@m-l

I found I don't need the bulb, although it doesn't weigh much if I decide to bring it. What I like about the pad is that:

It takes a few breaths to inflate, quick setup unlike regular air pads, which are a chore. Quick and easy.

Tiny packed size, or of the way.

Rubust and durable.

More comfy than a ccf pad.

Rick M
    BPL Member

@yamaguy

del

Jeff W.
    BPL Member

@jcwhynot

Locale: Northeast

Maybe another consideration is the medium size GG Air Beam sleeper. By my count:

Air Beam:
    => Length 48"
    => Width 21" tapering to 14.5"
    => Depth 2.5" tapering to 1.5"
    => Weight 9.05 oz

X Wave:
    => Length 48"
    => Width 25"
    => Depth 1.5"
    => Weight 10.5 oz

Thoughts on these? I've had my eye out for user comments on both of them. Particularly interested in the Air Beam.

Viewing 9 posts - 26 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools