Topic

2 Spots available

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips 2 Spots available

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Backpack Jack
    BPL Member

@jumpbackjack

Locale: Armpit of California

I'm planning a trip to Little Lakes Valley trail head, out of Bishop Ca. for the week of July, 1st-7th

We will start at the trail head and head south to Morgan Pass and stay at one of the lakes on day one.

Day 2 we will head south east to the miners road then turn south west toward Bear Lake heading up to Spire Lake, this section will be cross country, we will stay at Spire Lake.

Day 3 is heading north of Bear Spire through the pass and down past Dade Lake to Treasure Lakes. This is also cross country

Day 4 From Tresure Lakes we will work our way around Ruby Lake up over Mono Pass down to Fourth Reccess Lake, this is some cross country and a mix of trail.

Day 5 From Fourth Reccess Lake we will make our way north east to Golden Lake and find the pass just east of the lake to make our exit to the trail head. Mix or Cross country and trail.

So whos in?, I need to put in for permits this week, but no later than Mon. June 10th.

This will be a good trip for picture taking and some fishing.

There may still be snow on the passes and there are Glaciers in the back country we may have to glacade down or navagate around, if you have cross country experience and route finding skills, that is a plus but not neccesary.

The permit will cost $5.00 per head plus a $6.00 regestration fee, so each person is responsable for $6.50 total.

After the hike we can go into Bishop and buy some pastries at schat's bakery, YUUUUMMMM!!!

So who's in?

Thanks, Jack

Backpack Jack
    BPL Member

@jumpbackjack

Only a couple more days with 1 spot left to fill.

Trace Richardson
    BPL Member

@tracedef

Hiya,

Any details on daily mileage?? Thanks!

T

Backpack Jack
    BPL Member

@jumpbackjack

@Trace, you're more than welcome to join.

The milage will not be to high since most of this route will be off trail.

Day one I estimate to be around 4-5 miles

Day 2 about the same

Day 3 Will be around 6 miles

Day 4 is the longest day with about 8 miles, but this will be on trail

Day 5 5-6 miles

Keep in mind these are all esimates, I've never done this route, I'm just trying to go off topo maps and Google.

Thanks, Jack

Backpack Jack
    BPL Member

@jumpbackjack

Get-um while I have them.

Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA

wish I could go….

Backpack Jack
    BPL Member

@jumpbackjack

I had 2 cancelations, so now there are 3 more spots open, let me know if you want to go, sorry it's so last minute, but I'm hoping someone would like to join us.

Jack

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools