Topic

zpacks Arc Blast vs Blast? New packs?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) zpacks Arc Blast vs Blast? New packs?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Randy Martin
    BPL Member

@randalmartin

Locale: Colorado

Yes, mine has the roll top. To me there isn't really much difference. The roll top has a velcro like closure then you roll it down. With a draw cord (like on my GoLite Jam) I roll it down after closing as well so either way to me the concept of rolling down any excess makes sense and works well.

Having said all of that I probably prefer the draw cord just because there is a little less fiddle factor (i.e.,you just grab the cord and pull and then roll down excess whereas the Arc Blast you line up the edges and press together and then roll down.

Michael Gillenwater
    BPL Member

@mwgillenwater

Locale: Seattle area

I talked to Joe at ZPacks and am ordering Cuben seam tape and going to tape mine myself. He said it should take about 6 of the strips he sells and that you just need to put the bag inside out after removing the frame. (or you can ship it back and they will do it for a small fee)

I've had one minor stitch already go on the shoulder strap (my fault for swinging the bag improperly instead of using the haul loop). So reinforcing the stitching as well as waterproofing is worth it to me. It adds an ounce, but then if i can leave my pack liner behind, I save an ounce, to make it a wash except that my bag is now easier to pack.

Viewing 2 posts - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools