Topic

Quick question re La Sportiva Wildcat 2.0

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Quick question re La Sportiva Wildcat 2.0

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Lachlan Fysh
    BPL Member

@lachlanfysh

Hi,

I've tried these on in gore tex, and they fit great in 47, but I don't want gore tex and the non-gore version is not available in Australia… So I need to go online. Can anyone confirm that the non gore will fit the same before I order?

Alternatively, if anyone has suggestions of a very similarly fitting shoe but maybe with a slightly lower profile / less drop I'm all ears.

J C
    BPL Member

@joomy

I bought non Gtx Wildcats in mountain equipment in Sydney a year ago. Petty sure of my local stores has them currently.

Lachlan Fysh
    BPL Member

@lachlanfysh

I was told they couldn't be ordered in, but I think this is a recent thing… So they may have some old stock.. what's the shop called exactly? Might give them a call…

J C
    BPL Member

@joomy

It's the Mont flagship store in the ACT. http://mont.com.au/index/australiancapitalterritoryretailoutlets

Rod Lawlor
    BPL Member

@rod_lawlor

Locale: Australia

Bogong in Melbourne lists the non-Goretex option as in stock, but only up to a 45.

La Sportiva Australia have a Facebook page. Maybe ask the question there?

Lachlan Fysh
    BPL Member

@lachlanfysh

It was bogong I was trying at – apparently the bloke that owns that also runs the distributor that brings in la sportiva, so I they can't get a pair in I'm inclined to think no one can – this may be limited to larger sizes only though, obviously I only asked about 47s… I'll make some phone calls tomorrow though…

Can anyone answer my original question about the fit of the gore tex vs non gore tex models though?

Rod Lawlor
    BPL Member

@rod_lawlor

Locale: Australia

Hi Lachlan,

I can't answer about the La Sportiva sizing, but you might like to try these

http://www.torpedo7.com.au/products/IVSSTNNT1/title/inov-8-terrafly-313-gtx-trail-shoes

They're on sale until today or tomorrow for AU$90+$9 shipping.

They list a size UK 12, EU 47 in stock. No problem to return, but you won't get shipping refunded! They fit very similar to my Trailroc 255s, wide ish fore foot, low cut heel. I haven't taken them out of the house yet, but the tread looks a little less grippy than the Trailrocs. Having said that, the Trailrocs are amazing, so these should be pretty good.

9mm drop compared to the Wildcats at 12mm. 313g compared to 351g for the Wildcats (not sure what sizes they both weigh though)

Regards, Rod.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools