Topic

Plugging my new blog MuddledRemarks.com

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire On the Web Plugging my new blog MuddledRemarks.com

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Jim H
    BPL Member

@jraiderguy

Locale: Bay Area

Shaw Island County Park, San Juan Islands, May 2013

My name is James. I'm an average 20-something married guy living in Seattle. I'm a relatively new user here, and I've learned lots already. I've never blogged before, but I'm giving it a shot. If you're so inclined, muddledremarks.com is the site.

The blog won't have a consistent ultralight backpacking focus, but it will chronicle my many interests/hobbies, backpacking and camping being two at the top of the list. I've put up a few initial articles, and welcome any comments you might have.

At this point, any readership other than my wife is a bonus. :)
    Thanks!

James

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

Looks nice a clean to me. I would insert breaks at the top of each post so the reader doesn't have to scroll through an entire post to get to the next one. Also the font is itty bitty on my screen.

Jim H
    BPL Member

@jraiderguy

Thanks for the feedback!

Jim H
    BPL Member

@jraiderguy

I've made a few posts since last bumping this thread, but my latest is on the spin fishing kit I just finished putting together. Check it out and let me know what you think.

muddledremarks.com

Ian
    BPL Member

@10-7

Hi Jim,

First… eff the Raiders :)

Second, looks like an interesting Blog but is there a way to subscribe with just an email account? I don't twit or the other options I saw there.

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

"I don't twit or the other options I saw there."

Me either :)

Jim it is really looking good now.

Jim H
    BPL Member

@jraiderguy

Hi Ian. Thanks for the feedback. The email subscription was a great idea that I'd overlooked. I've added it as an option just below the other subscription options now.

Go Raiders!

Ian
    BPL Member

@10-7

Ok I just subscribed. That loop hike in Oly NP looks interesting.

Happy trails.

Jim H
    BPL Member

@jraiderguy

So I got some feedback from you guys and reddit, and spent some time measuring plastic disposable/single-serve food cups for use as UL cups/bowls. I figured I might as well do another post on the results.

Full post link for those interested

In all, using the disposable cups is a potential savings of almost 8 oz in dishware compared to my GSI stuff when my wife and I take two cups and two bowls so we can still have coffee and granola at the same time. I think its about as minimal as my wife will enjoy on longer trips.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools