Topic

Hillary Step on Everest to get ladder

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Mountaineering & Alpinism Hillary Step on Everest to get ladder

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Paul Magnanti
    BPL Member

@paulmags

Locale: Colorado Plateau
    Stuart .
    BPL Member

@lotuseater

Locale: Colorado

I rather liked the solar powered escalator comment on Neptune Mountaineering's FB post. It's all a bit farcical, the Nepalese are destroying their best-known asset for the sake of filthy lucre.

Paul Magnanti
    BPL Member

@paulmags

Locale: Colorado Plateau

Mochachino's on the summit for all! :)

Stuart .
    BPL Member

@lotuseater

…and now you know whose product fuels my posts…

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Locale: Way up North

So if someone skips the queue a fight may start.

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

I think they should build a tram so everyone can get to the top. It isn't right to deprive the summit to those who could not otherwise get to it.

;)

Stuart .
    BPL Member

@lotuseater

@ Mags – Which reminds me, at what temperature would yak's milk boil atop Everest to make that mochachino?

@ Stephen – I can just see it, every country would be clamouring for Most Favoured Nation status, to have their team on the first six rungs of the ladder. Forget frequent flier programs, this would be the one to aspire to… Perhaps we should send the entire TSA over there to police it :-)

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Locale: Way up North

Stuart

I can just picture it, a fully body scan as punters leave base camp and no liquids under 100ml.

alan york
    BPL Member

@alanyork9

Locale: PIEDMONT N.C.

I guess the ice fall has been laddered every season for decades.Sure makes it quicker to get through it.Everest is hardly a clean climb.More like a zoo of line of least resistance yupppy sloggers. : – )

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools