Topic

KX-pac 5.0

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear KX-pac 5.0

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    K C
    BPL Member

@kalebc

Locale: South West

I just got back from a solo trip in Zion and got to use my new pack, it worked great, I may add a sleeve inside to put the GG sit pad in to hold it in place.

Front and bottom VX-21
    Back and sides VX-07
    Side pockets 1/8 rawhide mesh and Dyneema X
    Harness- 3D mesh, Dynemma, 1/4" CCF
    Removable back pocket VX-21, Dyneema X, Uretek #5
    Dyneema X waist pocket lined with 3D mesh for camera.
    Roll top closure with Y-strap, horizontal attachment points & shock cord system.
    Weight is 13-15.75oz depending on the options.

x1
    x2
    x3
    x4

Nathan Hays

@oroambulant

Locale: San Francisco

That must feel great to hit the trails with your own pack! I'm about to start in on one for myself.

I like the dyneema above the mesh on the sides. Keeps it from stretching too far. I've had a bottle 'roll' out of a stretch mesh pocket. I also like how the mesh doesn't reach the ground where it can pick up sticks and muck.

Does the waist webbing go under the dyneema and all the way around or are those just stubs sewn to the dyneema/CCF/3D?

Where did you source the VX?

Nice job.

K C
    BPL Member

@kalebc

Locale: South West

Thanks. The 1" webbing is sewn to only the end of the waist belt through the dyneema/3D/CCF, all critical attachments are triple reinforced with Tera 40. I got the VX fabric from rockywoods, hardware from Zimmerbuilt.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools