Topic

ouzel-whitehorse

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Administration & Support User Test Forum ouzel-whitehorse

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

My candidate for the 20 hardest day hikes in America. If the Enchantments Traverse
    made it, Whitehorse should be a shoo-in. It's way harder. In any case, it's a PNW classic, and I felt very fortunate to still be able to get up there. What a day!

white-2

white-3

white-4

white-8

white-10

white-11

white-12

white-14

white-16

white-17

white-18

white-24

white-25

white-26

white-29

white-36

white-37

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

Why's this in the test forum? Looks gorgeous Tom, well done!

Anonymous
    Inactive

"Why's this in the test forum?"

It's where I always post my photos while I'm trying to decide what, if anything, to do with them. I figured this set didn't belong in trip reports because they were only from a day hike. I still don't know for sure, but at the very least I can link friends to them to give a flavor of what we were up to that day. Or maybe move a couple of them over to "Above Treeline". He!!, I don't know…..

"Looks gorgeous Tom, well done!" Thanks, Doug. I just wish I was better with a camera, because Whitehorse is one of the most beautiful mountains in the Cascades, IMO. An added attraction is that it poses a very wide range of challenges, depending on conditions encountered on any given day. I've been up there about a dozen times down thru the years, and only summited about half the time due to weather, avalanche conditions, and route finding problems a couple times early on. You quickly learn to check your ego at TH, because it's a good place to get killed if you try to push the route when conditions are not right. But on days like we had last Monday, oooh yeahhhh! 'Bout as good as it gets. :)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools