Topic

Spinnsheet: why use it?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Spinnsheet: why use it?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Will Elliott
    BPL Member

@elliott-will

Locale: Juneau, AK

Hi all,

I just acquired a spinnaker cloth groundsheet with a used tarp. I cannot figure why one would use the groundsheet. If I'm sleeping on a pad, the groundsheet won't keep me any drier. If I lay my rainwear and backpack down under my pad, the groundsheet won't keep the pad any more protected or dry. Who finds these essential, and why? I'm thinking of cutting it up to make stuff sacks or something. Please enlighten me!

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Well I would not use my rainwear, pack as a groundsheet. Keeps your pad and everything a little cleaner, more organized. Ground is wet here a lot of the time. A barrier against it is nice.

Randy Martin
    BPL Member

@randalmartin

Locale: Colorado

I find the ability to have a place to set and organize things makes a groundsheet very helpful. Just keeps things dry, clean and easy to find. It provides some protection for an air mattress (like my Neoair).

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

This time of year think about trips with no rain but sopping wet ground from snow melt.

Pine pitch.

Horse residue. California, you know..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools