Topic

Stoic Hadron Down Cardigan – $71.55

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Stoic Hadron Down Cardigan – $71.55

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Sidney Pow
    BPL Member

@sidpow

Adrian Swanson
    BPL Member

@storunner13

Locale: Front Range

Note–

These run a bit large (at least the previous color version did–I doubt they changed the sizing). I'm between a M and S in most things (I get M cotton t-shirts for example). I should have gone for a M in this jacket–even with a fleece underneath, a medium is probably too big for me.

however–it's a VERY nice jacket–the arms are especially well-cut, and the cuffs are great. The down is distributed nicely–less in the lower back area–more in the chest and neck.

Marc Kokosky
    BPL Member

@mak52580

Locale: Washington, DC Area

Is there anyone else with experience with these? From what I've read and looking at their sizing charts they appear to run a bit smaller than stated size. If they do in fact run a bit larger, I'd pick one up. I have a broad chest and shoulders and typically hover between a XXL and 3XL so if it's cut a bit roomier I'd probably be able to get away with it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Not with the cardigan version, but i have the anorak version. The only difference seems to be that the anorak style has a hood whereas the cardigan does not.

I have a medium, as that is the size i normally wear. I find it is quite "athletically fitting", meaning i can't wear much under it. If i did it again, i might choose a large just for the extra chest room so i could layer more. However, i could layer something like a thinner baselayer, with say another mid weight baselayer on top of that. I just got a RAB Meco 165 Merino/cocona poly blend baselayer, and inbetween a light and mid weight polypro baselayer that i'm itching to try out but will have to wait till next winter most likely. I imagine the combo would be pretty warm.

Tad Englund
    BPL Member

@bestbuilder

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Mark, I have the Anorak version and it fits true to size (for a skinny 6'2.5" 175 lb guy).

The elastic sleeve cuffs are a little restrictive but I just store a small plastic cup in each while storing it and they have stretched out nicely.

Richard Mock
    BPL Member

@moxtr

Locale: The piney woods

Tad, may I ask which size did you buy? I have the same specs.

Tad Englund
    BPL Member

@bestbuilder

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Richard, I purchased a size large. it fits great and my favorite part of the garment is the front hand muff pocket

Peter James
    BPL Member

@pbjames

Locale: High Sierra

Thanks for the mention. Ordered a medium, hopefully it works well for my 5'11" 160# frame. It should be a nice (lighter) complement to my Roan Plateau for less extreme temps.

Sidney Pow
    BPL Member

@sidpow

Peter, I ordered the Medium. I'm 5'10 170 pounds and pretty athletic. It's a good fit, I think I have pretty small wrists but the cuffs are still pretty tight. I like that though.

The jacket itself is pretty shiny (i got the blue) and kind of "crinkly" as my girlfriend put it. Its not the most fashionable thing on the market.

Overall I like the jacket a lot. Its my first down jacket and I'm blown away at the warmth to weight ratio.

Jim Sweeney
    BPL Member

@swimjay

Locale: Northern California

I have three of these Stoic Hadrons (the Cardigan just arrived)–a medium Cardigan, medium vest, and a large anorak-type hoodie (all purchased when prices bottomed out). They definitely are trim — not small, exactly, but with not much to spare. For me, this is good, as the medium is efficient and the large (which fits me about like a Montbell medium, smaller than a Golite Bitterroot medium) lets me double up a Katabatic gear down hood under its hood for sleeping.

The arms are perfect for me, in all sizes; the wrist fits well on the large hoodie, a little tight on the medium cardigan, but I imagine that will stretch out.

My only niggle would be that the placket snaps don't seal that well near the top on the cardigan — the fabric is able to buckle outward and leave an unsealed gap.

But as windshirts with a surprising amount of warmth, or as worn with a quilt for extra warmth, these are great, factoring in their super-low price when they're on sale. Right now the cardigan is in the sweet spot, at 55% off.

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Locale: Way up North

The Stoic kit is very nice especially when on sale, I got a Hadron Hoody and Wraith windshirt in Xl and they fit more like a Large.

I also got a set of 1.3 and 1.6ltr TI Pots on half price.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools