Topic

Women’s AT record? Anyone know it?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Women’s AT record? Anyone know it?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer Benna

@jeybenna

Does anyone know the Women's speed record (unsupported) for the Appalachian Trail? Lots of info about the men's records available- but none about us girls!!! :)

Thanks!

Adam McFarren

@amcfarre

I remembered running across this:

My goal time is a little longer than the current women's "speed record." The AT Conference doesn't like to keep speed records, but they told me the fastest woman they're aware of did it in 103 days, which is just over three months.

Which is an account of a woman ultra-runner's supported journey on the AT. You might contact her (Sue Norwood) or the ATC for more details.

Good luck,
    -adam

Mark
    BPL Member

@mlarson

Locale: SoCal

Jenny Jardine did it with her husband Ray in 88 days, I think. I think they started in June. They did it in the traditional manner without outside help. I am woefully ignorant of other fast female AT hikers. Who else can shed light on this?
    -Mark

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools