Topic

Springer Mountain to Woody Gap (GA Section of AT) – Where is the water???

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning Springer Mountain to Woody Gap (GA Section of AT) – Where is the water???

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Tom Roberts

@dirtyred

Day 1 of a 4 day hike is Springer Mountain to Woody Gap. Is there water at Woody Gap? How close is the closest source? thanks…

Paul Mason

@dextersp1

Yes

M B
    BPL Member

@livingontheroad

I recalls the guide showing water there, but I didnt see it or what form it was in. It wasnt in the restrooms, they were pit toilets.
    I remember having about 1L getting there, and drinking most of that, discarding trash, etc. I had maybe 1/3 liter left when I left there, picked more up a little ways down the trail.

Hiking Malto
    BPL Member

@gg-man

Just north of Woody gAp is a small side trail to the left. A spring is a short distance down the trail

Douglas Raymond

@dougr320

Locale: Indy

Last year in april there were some pretty cool looking springs flowing right across the trail between gootch gap camping area and woody

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools