Topic

Lid for the IMUSA Mug

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Lid for the IMUSA Mug

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

The Bushbuddy Ultra nests very well inside the IMUSA mug but I would like to fashion a more suitable lid. Presently I am using an aluminum foil lid off of a Knox Gelatin can. This set-up is effective for providing a quick boil but the over-hang traps an abundance of soot which can be tasted at times. I have since trimmed the overhang right up to the outside edge of the pot, but it doesn’t look too durable.

The inside diameter is just a hair’s breadth (literally) short of 4.5 inches. A lid that fits inside of the pot similar to the Firelite would seem to cure most of the problem. The Greasepot type of lid that fits over the outside of the whole pot and would trap the soot like my present set-up.

If anyone knows of a cheap pot that matches that dimension, please let me know; or of other solutions to the above. Thanks in advance for your input. John
    IMUSA Mug

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools