Topic

9oz Backpack for skiing

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear 9oz Backpack for skiing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Simon Johansson

@simjoh

Here is my first project ever.
    The pack might have some small defects but it has worked for about ten of ski mountaineering and another five at resorts. I've done some bad falls also and still it holds together quite well.
    It is made of X-pac seconds (165 g/m2) bought from extremtextil.
    The hip belt is from one piece and goes on the inside of the pack and when it is tightened the fabric won get stressed. The hip belt on the inside of the fabrick is about 1 cm shorter then the piece of fabric.
    I got some hooks on the sides so that i can put my jacket on the side or some other gear. I don't think the hooks would hold my skis very good.
    To get the pack a little nicer to carry I have a piece of cheap sleeping mat at the back and as shoulder straps.
    The side pockets hods 0.5 liter bottles quite well.
    The weight is about 250g (9oz)

In the pictures the the backpack is filled with stuff I need for a day at the mountain. I could have filled it up with a sleeping bag which would make it look nicer.
    Skins
    Helmet
    Thermos
    Down jacket
    4 persons bivy bag
    Shovel
    Probe

Backpack_back
    Hip belt and sholder strap
    Backpack_side

I've bought some more x-pac and plan to do a little nicer one. But I think this one will be used when don't need any fancy gear like axes rope etc.

Ryan Smith
    BPL Member

@violentgreen

Locale: East TN

Great first effort!

Ryan

J C
    BPL Member

@joomy

I like the velcro system for the roll top.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools