Topic

Glad Tent

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Thomas Vree

@exploriment

Locale: Niagara Escarpment

Not sure if I should put this here, or in Multiple Use Gear, or just Gear…..

Had to check the date to see if this was an April Fools Joke. It's not and it’s actually a pretty clever idea.

YouTube video

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

It looks like it comes with no door?

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

Brilliant idea, really, and so simple. Good on Glad for coming up with it.

Jim W.
    BPL Member

@jimqpublic

Locale: So-Cal

"A zero waste camping experience."

NO.

Actually an all waste camping experience. Lack of trash bags isn't the problem. Too much trash is.

Jeremy Platt
    BPL Member

@jeremy089786

Locale: Sydney

I just came across this one and would love to know some specs! Looks like a pretty neat little cave, especially if you added a little door to the front. At the end of your trip you could use it as a bin liner, ha.

Thomas Vree

@exploriment

Locale: Niagara Escarpment

I'm not sure if it has no door or all the images show the door up/open. Maybe it's meant for exhibitionist concert festival goers.

I wondered whether it might have any potential as an emergency shelter, day hike turned into an unexpected overnighter. Depending on cost, size, weight, dimensions, all that. Also whether DIYers might find something to do with it, modify, use it for something else, etc. Maybe the poles are useful.

Marko Botsaris
    BPL Member

@millonas

Locale: Santa Cruz Mountains, CA

""A zero waste camping experience."

NO.

This!

Marketing boondoggle on the unwary – How can we use MORE plastic while at the same time convince people they get some purity mojo while doing it. Don Draper would love this. Perhaps there was a very marginal decrease in random trash on the ground after the festival. Somewhere nearby huge pile of barely-used plastic in a landfill.

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Look like more trash to me. The problem is letting a bunch of stoned idiots throw trash all over. You don't need a single trash bag for an event venue like this, let alone a single use tent. It is pure unadulterated hype.

1. The venue needs to have the proper trash and recyling receptacles and lots of them.

2. The venue needs to have proper staffing to manage waste, like emptying the trash cans when they are full and picking up trash on the ground.

3. The venue should require the food vendors to use compostable packaging.

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

"1. The venue needs to have the proper trash and recyling receptacles and lots of them.

2. The venue needs to have proper staffing to manage waste, like emptying the trash cans when they are full and picking up trash on the ground.

3. The venue should require the food vendors to use compostable packaging."

Should should should. Sure. But they don't. We can do nothing in the land of should, or we can try and do something in the land of reality. I choose the latter.

Glad is trying to do something about a real issue, I continue to applaud them for it. Corporations are made up of people, many of who are trying to do decent things in the world while also trying to earn money for their company. They're not just all soulless, greedy robots.

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Locale: Wisconsin

I'm torn. I applaud Glad for this, yet at the same time it does create more product in landfills.

Ultimately it comes down to the laziness and indifference of the human race as a whole to be a PROPER steward of this earth. Now before someone questions my carbon footprint, I'll openly admit that I create trash just like the next guy. But as Mr. Idemonster mentioned, that is reality, not a fantasy wishlist.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools