Topic

Guy on reddit talks about his Grizzy bear attack where he was blinded…

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Guy on reddit talks about his Grizzy bear attack where he was blinded…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Cayenne Redmonk
    BPL Member

@redmonk

Locale: Greater California Ecosystem

I will not. At least not immediately.

Go edit your misplaced concerns and fears to specify you we're talking about a specific type of bear in
    Your posts. It was not clear at all that your nonse^H^H^H^H^H^H advice was limited to non-grizzly bears.

Thanks for your cooperation in avoiding these types of misunderstandings,
    –G.B.–

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

Cameron, you fool, this thread is about grizzlies. Check the subject line.

–B.G.–

Cayenne Redmonk
    BPL Member

@redmonk

Locale: Greater California Ecosystem

I know what the subject is Bob, but your posting history suggests that being relevant to the topic is not a criteria for you to post one of your contributions to a thread.

Again, if you could clarify when you are posting to post, and when your post is supposed to be relevant to the topic, we could avoid these misunderstandings.

Thank for your cooperation in helping to make these issues clearer in the future,
    –G.B.–

Craig .
    BPL Member

@zipper

Locale: LOST, but making good time

Way to go Gross…

Anton Solovyev
    BPL Member

@antonsolovyev

Locale: Colorado, Utah

ttp://www.nationalparkstraveler.com/2010/05/grizzly-bear-shot-and-killed-hikers-denali-national-park-and-preserve5943

===
    A grizzly bear that emerged from a thicket and charged two backpackers in the backcountry of Denali National Park and Preserve was shot and killed by one of the two who was carrying a .45-caliber semi-automatic pistol, according to park officials.

"The man, who was in the lead, drew a .45 caliber semi-automatic pistol when they heard a noise coming from the brush. When the bear emerged from the thicket and ran toward the other hiker, he fired approximately nine rounds in its general direction. The bear stopped, turned, and walked back into the brush, where it quickly disappeared from view," said the release.
    ===

James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

mmmmm …. bears ….

A 30-year-old man is recovering in hospital after he was mauled by a bear on Saturday outside his home in northern Ontario.
    Joe Azougar, who had just moved to Cochrane, Ont., a small town northeast of Timmins, said the bear approached without warning.
    "Out of nowhere, this bear came just charging," Azougar told CTV Northern Ontario. "(My) German shepherd jumped on him and they started wrestling so I go back in my house and start making a few phone calls and making noises and things like that so he would disappear."

But despite Azougar’s efforts, the bear did not leave and ended up chasing him about 40 metres to a nearby road. Azougar said the bear dragged him by the head into the bushes.

Read more: http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/man-survives-vicious-bear-attack-in-northern-ontario-1.1278336

Viewing 6 posts - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools