Topic

Are these the right Frogg Toggs?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Are these the right Frogg Toggs?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Rocco Speranza
    BPL Member

@mechrock

Locale: Western NC Mtns

http://www.amazon.com/Frogg-Toggs-Ul12104-09-Ultra-Rainsuit/dp/B008J4D9XO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1367869477&sr=8-2&keywords=frogg+toggs

I was thinking about buying these as ultralight rain gear, just to use for backpacking, Got some good Golite stuff earlier this spring to replace my old rain gear.

Chad B
    BPL Member

@cenazwalker

Locale: Southwest

I got mine directly. $19.99 with free shipping.

http://www.froggtoggsraingear.com/DriDucks.shtm

Rocco Speranza
    BPL Member

@mechrock

Locale: Western NC Mtns

Okay, cool. Thanks for the heads up. I'll just wait a little bit on buying them then because I just spent a lot on other camping gear. haha

Was going to get them from amazon because I thought the price was lower than usual. Guess not…

scree ride

@scree

So how are the Frogs holding out for everybody?

I like Amazon's return policy. It's usually pretty easy. I've found that if I go to Amazon to check prices, then web surf for a few days shopping other sites, Amazon's prices will mysteriously drop. Coincidence? Probably.

Corbin Camp

@heycorb

Locale: Southeast

They are not the most durable thing in the world, but for the price and weight, they are hard to beat. The only time I've really had to baby them is when you get around thorns or a low hanging branch. A little duct tape works great for repairs.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Also try tyvek tape for repairs, lighter, more slick, and better adhesion. Downside, tyvek or branded logos (like lowes) and light colors are the usual.

Hiking Malto
    BPL Member

@gg-man

If you are hiking even slightly overgrown trails, the pants are a waste of time. They started shredding within a mile in WA on the PCT.

Justin Baker
    BPL Member

@justin_baker

Locale: Santa Rosa, CA

One thing you can do is put a shirt over your dri ducks. In the winter I normally wear a nylon button up and put it over my dri ducks which protects it from my pack straps and when bushwacking. I do the same thing with my wind shirt to protect it when shoving through brush.

It's not the best option because your outer shirt gets wet and useless, but for occasional use it's a good solution to the durability issue if you want protect it with high abrasion. Not necessary if you hike on well groomed trails.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools