Topic

Tenkara questions

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Tenkara questions

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Toby Salz
    Spectator

@tobysalz

i'm thinking about trying out a tenkara set-up this year. i've fished a super small spinning set-up for years. i like it. just wanna try something different. i predominantly fish in high sierra lakes. anyone have any experience with tenkara in lakes? what set-up are you using? would love to hear your thoughts. thanks in advance.

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

Search BPL: tenkara lakes

Toby Salz
    Spectator

@tobysalz

yes greg, i too am aware of the search function and use it regularly. when i don't find the info i need, i then turn to the forum and ask my question.

i'm looking for advice from others who have high sierra lake fishing experience with tenkara set ups. what are you using? what works?

t.darrah
    BPL Member

@thomdarrah

Locale: Southern Oregon

Toby , PM sent.

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

Toby –
    "when i don't find the info i need, i then turn to the forum and ask my question"

So, I'm curious…did you read the link in the first hit?
    Karl routinely hooks a 100 to 200 fish per day, fishing in high Sierra Lakes, with tenkara.

You find his experience insufficient to meet your needs?

Toby Salz
    Spectator

@tobysalz

yes greg — i used the search function and i read the info that was in the first hit (before posting my original question). it's not that i find the info insufficient, it's that i'm now soliciting the entire BPL community about their opinions on this issue. that's the purpose of this forum. a single person's opinion is helpful (and yes, often sufficient). the old "you should use the search function" answer to people's questions is often unhelpful and serves only to derail the original question. that being said, i really appreciate your insight. it was super helpful.

thom — thanks for the info. much appreciated. i will look into the riggs floating line.

any thoughts on pole length or flies (yes, i already used the search function)?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools