Topic

Wonderland Trail – 14-19 September

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Wonderland Trail – 14-19 September

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Michael Gillenwater
    BPL Member

@mwgillenwater

Locale: Seattle area

[Moving this message to where it belongs from another forum]

I hate having to get a permit to hike (prefer permit-free wilderness areas over NPs). But in the spirit of getting to know our new PNW home, I went in for the Rainer NP Wonderland Trail lottery.

I got lucky and my permit application was just approved.

It is for the full 93 mile circuit in 6 days (5 nights).
    Dates 14 Sept – 19 Sept.

I put in for 4 people on behalf of myself and some local outdoor buddies. But they can be flaky (with some reason…jobs, kids, etc.) and can't commit. One is a heavy hauler that is afraid of the mileage, but I am working on him. The point is, it is highly likely I'll have a couple of spots open.

Post here or PM me if interested in joining.

John Smith
    BPL Member

@jcar3305

Locale: East of Cascades

Michael,

Have you filled those slots yet? I can best be reached at [email protected].

Edward Jursek
    BPL Member

@nedjursekgmail-com

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Michael,

I live in Seattle and I am interested. I was looking at trying to gamble and scoring one of the reserved walk up permits but would much rather have fixed dates. I am self-employed, so I can save the date in advance. Let me know. Thanks!

Ned

[email protected]

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools