Topic

Golite’s ION is now Eureka’s MOYO

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Golite’s ION is now Eureka’s MOYO

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Velimir Kemec
    BPL Member

@velimirkemec

Hi,
    did some browsing today and found this: http://www.eurekaeurope.com/p/moyo

Looks like guys at EUREKA "inveted" new age ION with some mods seen here.
    Interesting?

Cheers

Luke Schmidt
    BPL Member

@cameron

Locale: Alaska

It does not seem to be sold in the US at this time, bummer. The price is a bit high in US dollars it comes out to $91.42. One of the great things about the Ion was its price $50 or less.
    But if you liked the Ion this might be a nice choice, looks like the side pockets would fix the major complaint against the Ion.

D S
    BPL Member

@smoke

There's some neat looking stuff on that EU site. Too bad Eureka-US hasn't caught up yet!

Michael Duke

@mpd1690

That entire line consists of knock-off golite products. I hope they have a hand in it. If not, that is a bit ridiculous to me. I understand borrowing ideas, but not entire packs.

Velimir Kemec
    BPL Member

@velimirkemec

Hi,

I have to agree with Michael. Even the zip pulls are the same looking: http://www.trekking-lite-store.com/trekkingshop/Rucksaecke/Eureka-Moyo-Ultraleicht-Rucksack::640.html

On the other hand it's Golite's own fault they stopped the Ion and the like.
    Yes the price tag is a bit high for the pack considering you can pick up as new Original at gearswap forums for like 60$. I think if you contact the guys at the link above they will be happy to help you out getting one(I am not affiliated with them in any way BTW, was just browsing the net).

But you guys in USA have much more to choose from than do we in EU:).

Cheers

Michael Duke

@mpd1690

I agree thanking a product no longer in production is fine, but the other two packs are the exact same as a jam, just with the quest lid and suspension. They are under Nigor on the left of the screen.

Velimir Kemec
    BPL Member

@velimirkemec

Hi,

yeah haven't seen it before but you are right they look much like Jam's.
    Looking at their specs. they have internal wire frame so not exactly "frameless" as
    Jam's and as noted with lid.

Maybe Golite sold off some of their design and now Eureka just adds few suggested mods
    to their NIGOR line found here at BPL.

Cheers!

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

Seems pretty likely to me Golite sold/licensed these designs.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools