Topic

Small number of Backcountry Boiler 2nds – $60 ea

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Small number of Backcountry Boiler 2nds – $60 ea

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Devin Montgomery
    BPL Member

@dsmontgomery

Locale: one snowball away from big trouble

Hi All,

We're spring cleaning at Boilerwerks and have 12 Backcountry Boilers that didn't pass cosmetic quality control for one reason or another. All are 100% functional; are the new, lighter seamless design; include 1st quality stoppers, stuff sacks and sleeves, and carry the same lifetime no-leak guarantee as the other Boilers. Some are anodized, some aren't. It's luck of the draw, and we unfortunately can't pair a particular person to a particular Boiler.

This is a BPL-exclusive deal (if you're reading this, it's available to you) until tomorrow (May 2) when I'll open it up to the rest of our mailing list.

If you'd like one, here's the PayPal link to order: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=XVV39GVSXAGRA. It'll stop working when they're gone, and you can still add accessories to the order on our order page (theboilerwerks.com/order) and have them all ship together.

Thanks and Happy Hiking!

Devin
    Creator, Backcountry Boiler

Ben Wortman
    BPL Member

@bwortman

Locale: Nebraska

NM

Ian
    BPL Member

@10-7

Hi Devin,

That is a nice looking boiler you have there. I have a few questions about this product. Are you aware of a lightweight mug that the Backcountry Boiler will nest into? Looks like the SP 600 is just a little bit too small.

How efficient is it with Esbit or Coghlan tablets? Will a .25oz Coghlan tablet bring 16 oz of water to a boil?

You mention above that there is a lifetime no leak guarantee but the manual on your website states: "Each Backcountry Boiler is checked and free of leaks when shipped. The recipient should verify the same before any use. Because Boiler performance and longevity are so userā€dependent, there are no other warranties, express or implied."

I just wanted to clarify the extent or existence of the guarantee/warranty.

Tommy Thompson
    BPL Member

@wasser

Locale: Northern CA

Thanks for the heads up Devin. I'd been curious about these since they were on KickStarter. With this offer, I just couldn't resist and ordered one right away this morning.

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

"How efficient is it with Esbit or Coghlan tablets? Will a .25oz Coghlan tablet bring 16 oz of water to a boil?"

Ian, I don't think you can use esbit with a BCB, at least not with much success. Unless things have changed, the esbit doesn't distribute the heat enough to work.

Devin Montgomery
    BPL Member

@dsmontgomery

Locale: one snowball away from big trouble

All the seconds have been spoken for – thanks! I'm glad they were able to find happy homes. :)

@Ian
    : Thanks! The Boiler was designed to primarily operate with a freezer bag cooking system, but the best fit I've seen is the SnowPeak Mini Solo 10oz cup for the pot stand accessory. Doug is right, it wasn't designed for Esbit – just alcohol with the FireFelt and, of course, wood. 1/4 of a Esbit tab does, however, make a nice firestarter for very wet wood. What I said is true about warranty. The version of the manual you found is for the first version of the Boiler, which did have a bottom seam that could be damaged with abuse.

@Tommy
    : Thanks!

Ian
    BPL Member

@10-7

I'm glad they all went to happy homes!

Thanks Idemonster and Devin for the feedback. I saw a couple videos on Youtube which seemed to indicate the same thing about the Esbit being a no go; thanks for confirming this.

The scenario I was imagining was freezer bag cooking my food in a cozy and having another cup for my morning coffee.

Once again, very cool boiler and yet another gadget I've added to my list of future purchases.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools