Topic

Arctic Pack Roll Call

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Arctic Pack Roll Call

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    kevin davidson

@kdesign

Locale: Mythical State of Jefferson

Got game?

I'm curious as to how many among us have pre-purchased the Arctic Dry Pack.

I'll start–ordered mine. Perhaps this will be a short thread.

Andrew King

@drewboy

Locale: Arizona

I couldn't resist. Just placed my pre-order yesterday. Geez, does this mean I have to get a packraft now too? :-)

David Stenberg
    BPL Member

@dstenberg1

Locale: South

Ok, I'll admit it. I am on the list as well. (I was still trying to deny how much I just put on my credit card).

I think I am going to like the versatility of this pack!

As others have said, I want to start saving for a packraft.

Aaron Granda
    BPL Member

@throckmorton

I ordered one as soon as the presale started. I'm looking forward to seeing it in person.

Don Wilson
    BPL Member

@don-1-2-2

Locale: Koyukuk River, Alaska

Me too. And I'm one of those now also looking at a packraft. The idea of sort of a land/sea/river expedition is very appealing.

Brian UL

@maynard76

Locale: New England

I ordered one this morning. The most expensive piece of gear I ever bought! Im hoping the versatility and multi- sport dimention of this pack will be worth it.

Eric Noble
    BPL Member

@ericnoble

Locale: Colorado Rockies

I ordered mine last night. The apparent versatility of the pack won me over. I'm planning on selling my Osprey Aether 75 pack to help pay for it. It's funny how many of us are coveting packrafts.

Brett Tucker

@blister-free

Locale: Puertecito ruins

Got packraft (back before China's appetite for raw materials pushed the Alpacka msrp nearly $200 skyward).

Now standing in line for pack. After all it's hard to beat a ULA/BPL collaboration, especially with this much real-world experience backing it up.

Jason Brinkman
    BPL Member

@jbrinkmanboi

Locale: Idaho

I was really close to ordering one, but just couldn't do it. For me it was a combination of the price and the lack of water bottle pockets on the side. I know that I could add bottle pockets on, but other packs that I was more interested in came with them sewn on for half the price.

If ever I order my packraft, or plan a truly wet trip in the Cascades or Alaska, I will come looking for one.

Thanks though to BPL for participating in making something like this available. It is really cool gear.

Sam .

@samurai

Locale: NEPA

I'm also on the list.

I'll be glad when the muted colors are out for the drybag though. Hard to stealth camp with hunter orange markng your spot.

kevin davidson

@kdesign

Locale: Mythical State of Jefferson

Mr. Design sez:That would be Cadmium Orange and if it's good enough for SAR, it's good enough for me. :-)>

Future Dry Bag colors in the BPL "Bold" series will be Chartreuse, Summer Sky, and Goldenrod. The upcoming "Stealth" range will include Bisque, Dusty Rose and Sienna.

Stay tumed for the 2008 colours.

Donald Browning
    BPL Member

@docdb

Locale: SE USA

I'm in

Nicholas Jensen

@attack5

Locale: Murderapolis

Got mine ordered!

Woubeir (from Europe)
    BPL Member

@woubeir

Yep, I'm in to.
    I hope I don't have to wait too long for the muted colors because now already I have to convince myself constantly that the orange color is just a temporary situation and that all will be allright again in a few months time.
    A shame that the muted colors aren't available from the start. I see that MSRP for both the 50 L and 65 L bags is
    $ 80. Adding that to an already steep $ 300 bag with shipping costs for both packages reaching $ 85 + importduties + taxes, this package will come close to a total cost of $600. Ouch.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools