Topic

Grand Canyon & Mosquitos?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning Grand Canyon & Mosquitos?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    James Clark

@jclark50

All,
    I'm so excited to finally be getting back to the Grand Canyon the first full week of May. This is my second backpacking trip, with the first being in 2010 at the Grand Canyon. Not sure if this is a stupid question, but are mosquitos ever an issue inside the canyon? I seem to be a mosquito magnet. I'm staying at Bright Angel, Cottonwood, and Indian Garden.

I hope to do a better job at lightening my pack this time. I stayed 2 nights at Bright Angel last time and I do not think it was an issue. Also going to Havasu Falls and I would have the same question about there as well.

Thank you, James

Dustin Short
    BPL Member

@upalachango

The canyon is virtually mosquito free. I'm sure you could find a few hidden side canyons with a still pools of water, but for the most part you'll be fine. I hike all over AZ and have found mosquitoes to only be a problem in the cities that have golf courses.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools