Topic

Sea to Summit eVAC dry sack

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Sea to Summit eVAC dry sack

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Jeff Jeff
    BPL Member

@jeffjeff

I've been using a the Sea to Summit Ultra Sil dry sack for a few years for my sleeping bag. It is sort of difficult to compress the sleeping bag and then get it sealed and rolled up before the sleeping bag expands and ends up filling up the entire sack.

I saw they have a version with an event bottom that claims to let the air out of the bottom as you roll it up. Does anyone have any experiences with stuffing a down bag in both sacks? Is the event version just as durable and waterproof?

Tim Lind
    Spectator

@woody92177

They are fantastic!!

Joe Geib
    BPL Member

@joegeib

Locale: Delaware & Lehigh Valleys

+1

Steve K
    BPL Member

@skomae

Locale: northeastern US

They work great. Very durable and quite waterproof. I've gone days without seeing clear skies and my sleeping bag has always stayed dry.

Max Dilthey
    Spectator

@mdilthey

Locale: MaxTheCyclist.com

I consider myself an expert on very few things, but this product is one of them.

Take a look at my profile picture. See the bundle on the back of the bike? I lived out of a large e-Vent sack for 30 days straight. it held a hammock tent, a sleeping bag, and all my clothing.

Nothing ever got wet. Not once. No moisture buildup. The e-Vent bottom even allowed some things to dry inside the bag, which means a slightly damp sleeping bag like a down bag won't sit there and stew all day if it's on the outside of your pack.

It's very durable- I still use it. It's probably seen 60+ nights of use.

george carr
    BPL Member

@hammer-one

Locale: Loco Libre Gear

This is my second year using one for my down bag/underquilt, and another for my camp clothes. Absolutely love them! I was skeptical in the beginning because I'm a show me kinda guy, but I'm sold.

Pete Staehling
    BPL Member

@staehpj1

I have used both and the Sea to Summit Evac dry sack is much more durable than the Sea to Summit Ultra Sil dry sack. Both are plenty waterproof.

Michael K
    BPL Member

@chinookhead

I've found the e-vac dry-sack to be totally waterproof and durable so far, but I haven't abused them. The ultra-sil ones do "wet out" after prolonged exposure and pressure. The one thing I don't like is that they blow back-up after compression if your pack is not packed very tightly.

Randy Martin
    BPL Member

@randalmartin

Locale: Colorado

I have the version with the event bottom. It's awesome and works as advertised. Having said that, I have moved away from stuff sacks in general and prefer the concept of a pack liner and allowing my sleeping bag and clothing to fill in the gaps in my pack.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools