Topic

Humorous Gear List

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear Lists Humorous Gear List

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

My girlfriend's parents are joining her and me for a backpacking trip this weekend. Her dad e-mailed me his "gear list" this afternoon to see if it passed my ultralight standards.

"Ultralight" Gear List

Her parents had both gotten into ultralight backpacking before I'd met her so this should be a cool trip. Fortunately they won't be carrying anything like on this list! Enjoy.

Adam Rothermich
    BPL Member

@aroth87

Locale: Missouri Ozarks

On the plus side they saved 76 lbs :). I especially liked the 2 lbs savings by removing the peanuts from the M&M's. Although I don't think I'd leave the lid to the Dutch oven behind, it makes a big difference when you make certain dishes in it. And tell them to get creative with the fry pan. You could always trim off some of the handle or trim down the sides if you don't need all of it.
    Looks like a good start to me. Now to find a mule to carry it all… Good thing you talked them out of it I suppose…

Adam

Pamela Wyant

@riverrunner

Hilarious! Especially some of the weight savings modifications. Thanks for a good chuckle.

Pam

Jeffrey Hartman

@jeffhartman1019

Locale: midwest

nice way to start the morning off…some witty humor

Chad Miller

@chadnsc

Locale: Duluth, Minnesota

Now Sam you should be proud of your quasi in-laws to be. They trimmed their gear weight by 76 pounds. Can you say you've trimmed your gear list by 76 pounds? I didn’ think so. (hehe)

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Locale: Homesteading On An Island In The PNW

Lol…ok the map one is classic. "Removed the legends" ;-)

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

I think my favorite is to bring Peanut and M&M G.O.R.P. and to save weight, "remove the peanuts".

A.D. Parris

@xirebos

Locale: NTX

Thanks for this one. Nice capper to a long day in the concrete jungle.

BTW sounds like you are fortunate to have a humorous parent on your girlfriends' end.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools