Topic

Grey Poupon Packets – HELP!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition Grey Poupon Packets – HELP!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Marc Kokosky
    BPL Member

@mak52580

Locale: Washington, DC Area

I am leaving tomorrow afternoon for a weekend trip and had planned to use Grey Poupon packets with some cheese and a nice salami for my lunches. I wasn't too worried because a restaurant next door to my office carried them. However I went to pick some up today and apparently they too have given in and switched to the crappy French's yellow mustard.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any chain restaurants that carried them where I could grab a few? Or local stores/chains in the DC/Northern VA area. Thanks!

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

Can't think of any place, but you could just repackage some from the glass jar into a smaller, lighter container to take with you.

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

Often you can get stuff like that from minimus.biz , but you won't get it overnight.

–B.G.–

Bob Bankhead
    BPL Member

@wandering_bob

Locale: Oregon, USA
    Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Locale: Homesteading On An Island In The PNW

Ask nicely at your local grocery store deli if they have any…you'd be surprised :-)

Marc Kokosky
    BPL Member

@mak52580

Locale: Washington, DC Area

I asked nicely at Safeway last night and came up empty.

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

+1 on Mimimus.biz. The fun part is the free shipping if you buy $20, giving a great excuse for getting all kinds of good stuff. Definitely get the "hotel freebie" style sewing kits and check out single application insect repellent, sunscreen, medicaiond and all kinds of condiments.

To fix the problem at hand, I would go to the travel accessories in a big box store and get a small squeeze bottle. With the current airline restrictions on the quantities of liquids, stores are carrying more bottles. REI has GoToobs.

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Locale: Homesteading On An Island In The PNW

Safeway tends to be pretty bland in choices ;-)

Having said that….a small jar will keep a veeerrryyyy long time. It is vinegar ;-)

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

"I was wondering if anyone knew of any chain restaurants that carried them where I could grab a few?"

A few near me used to carry them. But they quite carrying them because people kept coming in and grabbing a few.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools