Topic

Locus Gear CP2 Flip Lock

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Locus Gear CP2 Flip Lock

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Pete Garcia
    BPL Member

@pgjgarcia

Locale: Finger Lakes

Now that Locus Gear has the CP2 FL back in stock, I'm thinking about finally picking a pair up. However, I was wondering if I could replace the handles with the GG grips that are on the LT4s. The diameter on the grips is 13 mm and the upper section of the CP2 is 16 mm. Would I have to bore the hole slightly larger or could I squeeze it on as-is?

Any advice would be awesome!

Sean Passanisi
    BPL Member

@passanis

I just bought these poles. Not sure about the answer to your question, but you may want to try contacting support. I have found them to be responsive:

[email protected]

Colin Krusor
    BPL Member

@ckrusor

Locale: Northwest US

Does Gossamer Gear sell the LT4 grips separately? Were you thinking of removing the grips from an old pair of LT4s and moving them to the Locus Gear poles? That might be challenging. I removed the grips from a pair of LT4s because I just wanted to use them as tarp poles (I don't use hiking poles), and it wasn't easy. I had to destroy the grips to get them off. They are bonded to the poles. It might or might not help to use acetone or some other organic solvent first. I didn't try that.

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies
    Pete Garcia
    BPL Member

@pgjgarcia

Locale: Finger Lakes

I had planned on picking them up separately from Gossamer Gear, but was just wondering if they would fit on

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

My ruler says that the GG LT4 uppers are 14mm diameter, so they must be squeezing them in the 13mm hole a bit for a snug fit. There's some stretch in the grip, but 16mm might be pushing it.

The Locus Gear grips look quite nice also. I ordered a set of flick lock CP2s.

Ryan Smith
    BPL Member

@violentgreen

Locale: East TN

Pete,

With the help of a lubricant(the adhesive for your grips), they should go on fine. I was in a similar scenario with some MYOG poles & LT4 grips.

Ryan

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools