Topic

Simple MYOG stove for Caldera Clone

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Simple MYOG stove for Caldera Clone

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Josiah
    Spectator

@eternalnoob

I'm going to make a Caldera Clone for a stoic 700ml pot. I'm looking for a simple alcohol stove design to pair it with.

It doesn't have to be MYOG, but I don't want to spend a bunch of money. PIF stove would work too ;)

I'm planning on giving my little brother the whole setup for his birthday.

Dustin Short
    BPL Member

@upalachango

Are you asking for one? Because that should be posted in the Gear Swap. If you're asking for directions or links on how to make one then this forum is appropriate.

Either way, since the stoic 700 is kind of a narrow pot you probably want a simple center burning alcohol stove. A tea light with extended walls (use aluminum tape on the inside and outside to raise the walls a bit higher) paired with a CC set at the appropriate height would probably work quite well.

Josiah
    Spectator

@eternalnoob

Sorry, yeah I was looking for a design. I'll search the tea light idea. Thanks.

Mole J
    BPL Member

@mole

Locale: UK

look at Zenstoves site. The mini chimney (red bull can) is quick and easy to make and works well in a cone. I used one for 3 years till I bought a starlyte.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools