Topic

HH double bubble pad

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Hammock Camping HH double bubble pad

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Martin Ellenberger
    Spectator

@martellenberger

Does anyone use one or have any experience with them. Just curious if it is worth it or should I just use a regular sleeping pad.

Matthew Perry
    BPL Member

@bigfoot2

Locale: Hammock-NOT Tarptent!

You can just make one out of Reflectix, or check your local Goodwill or St. Vinnie's for car reflector shades….same things.

Matt

Bradley Attaway

@attaboybrad

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

I've got one that came with my Deep Jungle. Used it about 20 nights with a 40F topquilt. It's adequately sized (for me, probably generously sized for anybody else) and has some elastics that clip at each end of the tent to hold it in place. You might take it down near the claimed 40F if you tend to sleep very warmly. It's pretty bulky no matter how you try to roll it, but no worse than comparable CCF. I don't have any real problems with it, but it's one part of that setup that I'm constantly wishing I had a better option for. If you've got a CCF setup, I don't think there's any need to pick up the double bubble.

Martin Ellenberger
    Spectator

@martellenberger

Thanks for the input. I have a thermarest, I was just looking to shave some ounces since its only $30.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools