Topic

Jetboil Universal Pot Support as Emergency Esbit stove

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Multiple Use Gear Jetboil Universal Pot Support as Emergency Esbit stove

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Daniel Fish

@danielfishfamilypdx-com

Locale: PDX

Steven Paris
    BPL Member

@saparisor

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Given the increase in weight (probably undetectable as pack weight, but nonetheless higher), what benefits do you foresee with the Jetboil pot support?

I hope that comes off as a genuine question b/c I'm curious, rather than a snarky comment!

. Callahan
    BPL Member

@aeronautical

Locale: London, UK.

Very neat, I like this idea, as I have the Sol Ti and had never thought of doing this and was carrying a Tri Wing stove as a back up.

Thanks for sharing.

Matthew Fantacia

@mattandjennifer757

We also have jetboil sol TI and flash. I was just looking to buy an esbit backup stove system, but now ill def be trying this little trick this weekend! Thanks.

Elijah Ziemann

@mrblondyable

I picked up one of those rings for free at a gear swap in my area. I don't have a JetBoil, but when I saw it, I instantly thought 'Put a plate into the bottom of that, and it'd be an awesome Esbit stove!' Super surprised that I saw this the very next day!

Gary Dunckel
    BPL Member

@zia-grill-guy

Locale: Boulder

One thing to consider–that setup positions the bottom of the JB pot 2" from the top of the Esbit tabe. The optimal tab-to-pot distance is between 1.25"-1.75". So, for better efficiency, you might want to elevate your tab .5" off the ground. You could use a Gram Cracker, for example, or make a tablet holder from the bottom of a Red Bull or mini Pepsi can. Either way will work, and it likely will make the Esbit tab more efficient by getting it off the cold ground.

Edit: Nope, the Pepsi can won't fit inside the center of the JB pot stand (I just checked). Maybe you could fashion a sort of Gram Cracker clone out of heavy duty aluminum foil to elevate the tab inside the center. Anyway, you'll need a windscreen for things to work well, unless it's a perfectly calm day.

Tim Good
    Spectator

@tdg

Locale: USA

Very cool idea, since I use the jet boil flash.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools