Topic

Nesco FD-75A 700-Watt Food Dehydrator

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Nesco FD-75A 700-Watt Food Dehydrator

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Greg Foster
    BPL Member

@thefost

The nesco is on Amazon right now for $50 shipped free. Just a heads up, I think this is the most popular dehydrator around here.

Joseph R
    BPL Member

@dianoda

Locale: Chicago, IL

Thanks, ordered one – it's about time I start dehydrating my own meals.

Rocco Speranza
    BPL Member

@mechrock

Locale: Western NC Mtns

I've had this in my Amazon wish list for month since I saw it at $60. I decided the other day to get it at $50.

I'll probably be posting a thread around here and dehydrating food since I've never done it before. I'll get mine tomorrow, can't wait to try it!

james
    BPL Member

@jamesbhikes

Locale: London UK, Greenville USA

If you want to collect it, walmart is also selling the same model for $49.98 – http://www.walmart.com/ip/Nesco-Professional-700W-5-Tray-Food-Dehydrator-FD-75PR/1098269

For anyone familiar with sous vide cooking (one of best ways to cook a steak), it works really well using a dehydrator instead of a water bath, especially this one as you can set the temperature quite precisely to vary the 'doneness' of the meat. Just seal the steak in a zip lock bag, or vacuum pack it. Michelin star cooking at home ;)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools