Topic

blowing up Synmat UL 7?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) blowing up Synmat UL 7?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Josh Brock

@needsabath

Locale: Outside

Got one of these and it indicates that I should blow it up by mouth. I'm concerned with getting condensation in the insulation. I know with my downmat its a big no no and assumed it was for this one to.

Should I buy the separate pump?

Any cool pumps out there other than the exped stuff sack one?

David Ure

@familyguy

It's a great question. I have had my mat for just over 2 years and use my mouth to blow it up. I acknowledge no degradation that I can measure but I suspect to increase the longevity of the pad, a pump might be better?

Anonymous
    Inactive

A lot of people here seem to use and recommend the ultra cheap and light "instaflator" pump and say it works well. I have no experience with it, so can't say. I plan to get it at some point though.

William S.

@balt

Locale: East Coast

Exped also makes a "Mini Pump" that snaps onto the inflate-valve and works pretty fast. Weighs 40 grams/1.4 oz. Packs in a little stuff sack – 4.7" x 2", 16 cm x 5 cm

Jennifer Mitol
    Spectator

@jenmitol

Locale: In my dreams....

The exped schnozzle is a work of art!! It came with the downmat I just purchased and I have never been so impressed with such a simple piece of gear. And it doubles as a waterproof dry bag to keep my quilt in. Worth every penny.

Randy Martin
    BPL Member

@randalmartin

Locale: Colorado

The schnozzle is big enough to function as a pack liner as well. Very ingenious piece of gear.

Marc Kokosky
    BPL Member

@mak52580

Locale: Washington, DC Area

Also have to throw my hat in for a Schnozzle. It pumps up my long wide UL7 in 4 bagfuls, weighs 2 oz, which is less than my trash compactor bag liner I was using and serves as a complete dry bag.

Josh Brock

@needsabath

Locale: Outside

Thanks guys I checked out the different options. and at the weight of those things I will get one.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools