Topic

Wasatch Peaks, a weekend warrior’s vlog

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Wasatch Peaks, a weekend warrior’s vlog

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Gabriel Pramuk
    BPL Member

@gpramuk

Locale: West

This is a link to a video on my Youtube channel.

Warring on the Weekends: Wasatch Peaks

From 2008 through 2011 I had big treks, but with a regular job in summer of 2012, I had to give myself a mission: Climb all 37 11,000 foot peaks in the Wasatch near Salt Lake and Provo. It was a way to get me out the door. A check list that I milked from early June to early October. Peak lists have between 22 and 36 peaks but I mixed and matched for a total of 37 (limited prominence). I also ran ridges, traverses, and climbed additional fun peaks like The Sundial and Chipman…

Living in Park City, and without a car, I had to be inventive in transportation. I hitched often, and even conned a few friends into going for some hikes.

The Wasatch range in an impressive escarpment with back country beauty and front country access. All of the peaks could be done as day hikes. But why? Why not camp? Enjoy a view of the city at night?

Naturally I went ridiculously light, camping out of a GoLite Ion or ULA Relay, sleeping out when possible, running when I felt like it.

If you enjoyed this, then check out my other videos on my channel.
    Or if you did not and you find my limited editing skills appalling, give some of my other videos a chance! I was less lazy at one time…
    Great Divide Mountain Bike Route, Sierra High Route, Long Trail…
    And Subscribe while you are at it.

San Gabriel's Adventures

Keep an eye out for more this summer. I will be doing a lot of rock climbing and maybe some short thru hikes later in summer… Tahoe Rim Trail, Colorado Trail…Something along those lines.

Eugene Smith
    BPL Member

@eugeneius

Locale: Nuevo Mexico

This was a great personal project to take on Gabriel. Well done and thanks for sharing.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools