Topic

Gloves double as pot holder?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Multiple Use Gear Gloves double as pot holder?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Daniel Fish

@danielfishfamilypdx-com

Locale: PDX

Michael Ray
    BPL Member

@topshot

Locale: Midwest

I use my thin powerstretch gloves to lift my Heineken pot so about any should work. However, I will say I grip near the top where there's no water so if your jetboil is full, it would be much hotter there. I've also used a bandanna.

Ike Jutkowitz
    BPL Member

@ike

Locale: Central Michigan

I've use gloves, socks, or a handkerchief if I have one. Just remember that many synthetics will melt. Learned the hard way a couple times. Wool or cotton work great.

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

Taking off the neoprene may slow boiling a little? Prob not much. On my titanium cup (toaks 600), I can touch the upper cup just under the lip with bare hands with no problem after a couple minutes. I took off my handles.

Tim Anderson

@timbikeswitzerland-com

you might just want to repace the neoprene with reflectix insulation which should allow you to handle the pot, and probably half the weight of this insulative layer

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools