Topic

Down Vests 14.99 at Land’s End

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Down Vests 14.99 at Land’s End

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

They don't look particularly light, but eh not a bad deal all in all for the non Patagucci patrons out there. If i didn't already have one, might get one.

http://www.landsend.com/pp/mens-down-vest~242679_-1.html

Anonymous
    Inactive

Site is acting odd currently.

Anonymous
    Inactive

they already changed the prices! WT..

Dustin Short
    BPL Member

@upalachango

Still $14.99 from my side.

John Mc
    BPL Member

@retiredjohn

Locale: PNW

To bad….that would be a nice around the neighborhood vest.

Casey Jones
    BPL Member

@cjsbug

I still see all sizes, just maybe not in the color you want.

There's also the other version at 24.99 with at few more options.
    http://www.landsend.com/pp/mens-down-vest~227256_-1.html

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Dustin,

Yeah, i rechecked and saw it on there again too. Last night the site was acting a bit strange, saying it was down or something, and tried to redirect me. I double checked and it's the official site, and it's working fine now for me.

Anonymous
    Inactive

You're right Casey. Also, here's a little trick. The boys X large size i've found is akin to a men's medium. For example, i ordered the boys X large for the Polartec Air Core 200 wt fleece, hoody jacket, and it fits my wife very well. My wife is a bit under 5' 10" with large breasts and curvy body and strong frame.

So i'm guessing the 9.99 boy's X large down vest should be similar and be able to fit at least a medium. Also, if you read the reviews, some mention that the vests run a bit large anyways.

The boys 9.99 and the men's 14.99 vests otherwise look very similar. I don't have much spending money right now, but i'm pretty tempted by the 9.99 deal!

Anonymous
    Inactive

It's actually a "unixex" School Uniform Down Vest, rather than "boys" that i mentioned earlier. Ah, what the heck, i'm going to order the XL "big kids" size school uniform down vest in evergreen color. I don't think you can beat 9.99 for brand new. Granted, it's only 600 fill, but being a vest it's not going to be THAT heavy anyways.

Kevin Schneringer
    BPL Member

@slammer

Locale: Oklahoma Flat Lands

Not sure if anyone has posted weight for their Lands End Vest.
    I got mine today size Small- 8.4 ounces
    not to terribly heavy, low fill, nice fit. for $15 bucks I didn't loose a thing.
    Good spring layer over T shirt or wool layer.

I will give update from Trip on Friday. Morning Temps 30.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I got the Kids X large Unisex Vest in recently as well. It's in between a men's small and medium, but closer to the small, i would say. I will weigh it. From the pics, it looks identical to the Vests that were/are(?) 14.99. Difference being, i saved 5 dollars.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The weight confirms my hunch that it's a bit larger than a small. It weighs 8.9 oz.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools