Topic

Henry Coe, best flowers in 2 hours?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning Henry Coe, best flowers in 2 hours?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Nick Larsen

@stingray4540

Locale: South Bay

Hey I'm a poet and didn't know it.
    Well, I thought it wasn't going to happen, but last minute it apears we will be able to get a 2 or 3 hour day hike in at Henry Coe on Saturday.

Anyways, I'm looking for trail suggestions. I hear the flowers are great this time of year, so I'd like to see some flowers.

P.S. I know it's not backpacking, but you guys probably have the best knowledge of the trails, topography, flaura, fauna, etc.

d k
    BPL Member

@dkramalc

A week ago I went up Coyote Peak in Santa Teresa county park in San Jose via Hidden Springs and Ridge trails, looping back via Mines trail. Great views and variety of flowers!

Nick Larsen

@stingray4540

Thanks but ST is in my backyard, I hike that park several times a week

Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Locale: East Bay

Go to China Hole from the park HQ.

d k
    BPL Member

@dkramalc

Lucky you! – last week was my first visit there (I live way north of there). Re-reading your post, I think you weren't asking for wildflower trail suggestions in general, just Coe trails – oops…

Nick Larsen

@stingray4540

Lol, no worries. We ended up doing a loop to frog lake.
    I wanted to do china hole, but with a baby, and wife who hasn't hiked since baby, we decided on something shorter.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools