Topic

WORLDS GREATEST HIKER?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) WORLDS GREATEST HIKER?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Ernie Fuentes
    BPL Member

@askernie

I just finished reading an article on this man who is trying to walk around the world…

http://www.odysseyxxi.com/

Interesting…he does not seem to embrace light backpacking. Maybe he needs to visit this website more.

ernie

Max Dilthey
    Spectator

@mdilthey

Locale: MaxTheCyclist.com

With a title like that, this thread is going places.

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Jean Beliveau hiked for 11 years straight! AT? Trans Canada? Mere segments of the man's amazing journey! Read more about him here

James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

the mans out doing it … every day … in every condition available for the last 15 years

not prancing around well groomed trails on the weekends … or doing gear lists for virtual hikes

what BPLers think about the gear he should carry from their warm cozy homes has little bearing ;)

Nancy Twilley

@goodcaver2

Locale: STL

This dude's been hiking for 15 YEARS? Holy schneikes. According to my calculator he's been rocking an average of 3 miles a day.

HkNewman
    BPL Member

@hknewman

Locale: The West is (still) the Best

According to my calculator he's been rocking an average of 3 miles a day.

If he is the same guy I read about in an article, he works in a place for awhile to buy more gear and provisions, gets to know the culture, etc.. before moving on. Then he had a couple long delays for border issues. His route is pretty much determined by now.

David Ure

@familyguy

LOL, Nancy.

I thought Eric was the Worlds Best Hiker? ;)

RA Amundsen

@grimner

That's a couple of fairly long walks. Is there a name for these sorts of strolls? Round-hike maybe?

Personally, if I were in my 15th year of continues hiking and someone came up offering advice, I'd tell them to stuff it, lightly of course :)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools