Topic

BPL Stealth Nano setup and pitching tips

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) BPL Stealth Nano setup and pitching tips

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Joshua Stacy
    Spectator

@bobcat88

Locale: SF Bay Area

I was curious to see if anyone had tips for pitching the BPL stealth nano? I'm guessing most folks tie a hitch around their trekking poles. Does anyone have experience looping the tie-out over the tip of the pole? This seems like it would be too abrasive to the tie-out but perhaps I am wrong.

Thanks,
    Bobcat

Joshua Stacy
    Spectator

@bobcat88

Locale: SF Bay Area

Someone has to have some experience with this tarp.

Steven McAllister
    BPL Member

@brooklynkayak

Locale: Arizona, US

Not specific to the Nano, but I usually tie a separate line/loop to tie-outs for the reason you mention.
    It's easier to replace worn line than repair a tie-out and wear will happen in strong whipping winds.

P.S. You stole my idea for your avatar picture.
    As if nobody has ever used the spot for an avatar pic before:-)

Daniel Fish

@danielfishfamilypdx-com

Locale: PDX

Adam Rothermich
    BPL Member

@aroth87

Locale: Missouri Ozarks

I attach my guylines to the tie outs with a bowline knot. But I make the loop pretty large and slip the tip of my trekking pole into the extra loop. The same could be done with a carabiner or S-hook as described above if you want to be able to quickly remove the lines for whatever reason. I found tying hitches around the pole a pain, they always slipped on me while I was setting the tarp up. They're great under tension, not so much before that.

Adam

Luke Schmidt
    BPL Member

@cameron

Locale: Alaska

I stick the sharp end of my trekking pole into the ground then loop the cord around the handle of the poles. That way the pole never comes into contact with the tarp. Its also easier because the poles are held up as you set up.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools