Topic

Podcasts

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Sean M
    BPL Member

@zvolen

Locale: CA Central Valley

Simple question, any outdoor/backpacking podcasts you all suggest to help me pull through the day until I can get out on the trail myself? Thanks

Carter Hunt

@thechamp

Locale: Portland, OR

"The Trail Show"

Beer, hiking, trails, etc.

Clint Lum

@clintlum91

I also like The Trail Show. Not a stereotypical backpacking show. There is a bit of everything, except gear reviews ironically, so for some gear heads around here that might stink.

Btw, Mags if your lurking yall should do a CT show! Im sure a lot of people would like it (myself included). Especially if there happened to be some logistical discussion on there!

Michael Schwartz
    BPL Member

@greenwalk

Locale: PA & Ireland

Just started getting into podcasts myself. I'm a fan of "The Trail Show". Check out "Pox and Puss" and "All Who Wander" too.

Mike

Sean M
    BPL Member

@zvolen

Locale: CA Central Valley

Sounds as if The Trail Show is one I will add to the list. Thanks for all of the other suggestions as well, i will definitely check them out. If others have more please feel free to add them.

Tom Clark
    BPL Member

@tomclark

Locale: East Coast

Also, BackpackingLight.co.uk is very well done, provides a different perspective for us in the US.

Paul Magnanti
    BPL Member

@paulmags

Locale: Colorado Plateau

Yep..our motto is "Less gear..more beer!" :)

We celebrate the hikes and the hiking lifestyle rather than the gear. I like to think of the show as bit like "Backpacker Magazines meets NPR's Car Talk" :)

We have not done a CT show yet because it seems a bit of a "low hanging" fruit as all four of us have done it and we had Pepper on as a guest panelist who holds the record.

BUT..I think it will make a great May "Trail of Da Month" as many people start the thru-hikes of the CT in late June.

Great idea. :)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools