Topic

Multi use: Microspikes

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Multiple Use Gear Multi use: Microspikes

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

So winter's pretty much over and I wanted to find a spring/summer use for my Kahtoola microspikes. Decided to try using them as a jock for softball. They protect quite well, though if you get a direct hit in the groin the softball sticks. Looks kinda funny.

What winter gear do you repurpose for spring/summer use?

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Locale: Wisconsin

You can also use your microspikes, along with crampons and certain snowshoes to aerate your lawn. Just strap 'em on and take a walk around your yard!

I didn't want to invest in a patio umbrella, so I just rigged up my Trailstar to serve as one.

My puffys serve as pillows when we have guests over.

Wanna grill out in the summer? Don't waste money on an expensive grill. Just roast those dogs over your canister stove. Works great for marshmallows, too.

And finally, my balaclava and winter goggles work well for those summertime bank heists.

HkNewman
    BPL Member

@hknewman

Locale: The West is (still) the Best

I think they would be a hit on the local golf course.

Just stealth camp near the 18th hole to be first in line when it opens to make full-multiuse of your ultralight kit (BONUS: if you need to go, catholes are pre-dug)

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

"BONUS: if you need to go, catholes are pre-dug)"

Silly, that is where the golf eggs go to hide.

–B.G.–

Jim Milstein
    Spectator

@jimsubzero

Locale: New Uraniborg CO

"And finally, my balaclava and winter goggles work well for those summertime bank heists."

I think they would work just as well for the winter bank jobs too, unless you insist on Hawaiian shirt, shorts, flipflops, and sunglasses.

Greg Pehrson
    BPL Member

@gregpehrson

Locale: playa del caballo blanco

Meat tenderizers. Be the hit of the BBQ.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools