Topic

#5 Red Separating Water Resistant Coil?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear #5 Red Separating Water Resistant Coil?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jon Holthaus
    BPL Member

@t25hatch

I've searched around but have had no luck finding it. I'm looking for #5 one way separating water resistant at a length around 18". Seached Seattle Fabric, Quest, Rockywoods, Ebay, Amazon, google. Anyone know of anything like this existing?

Thanks,
    Jon

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

owfinc.com, thru-hiker.com, extremtextil.com?

Jon Holthaus
    BPL Member

@t25hatch

Thanks Jerry,

Checked those as well, key is finding the Red coil color, I can obviously do black with a red zipper pull, but I'm looking for Red coil. I know a number of manufactures use them on packs (although most are #8 zippers) I was hoping I could be picky and obtain a #5 Red water resistant.

Thanks for the response.

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Most distributors go for black. You need to find a manufacturer. They can do custom colours – which is what the pack makers have done.

Cheers

Jon Holthaus
    BPL Member

@t25hatch

Thanks everyone. I was afraid of that, how many manufacturers do you think will bend over backwards for a 16" long red coil? Doubtful :/ I may end up trying to find a cheap bag on ebay and rip the zipper out if it comes down to it. Thanks everyone for their contributions.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools