Topic

Merrell Lumi Opti Warm jacket Vs Nanopuff?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Merrell Lumi Opti Warm jacket Vs Nanopuff?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    dave e
    BPL Member

@hipass

Locale: Los Angeles

I have a nanopuff hoody which fits me tight in the shoulders.Recently at the the thrift store i bought a Merrell Lumi Opti Warm jacket which is similar to the np but a little heavier and no hood.It is quilted and seems much warmer and much more solid than the delicate np.It is slightly heavier but not much bulkier and for 10$ thats fine by me.Anybody ever heard of this jacket?
    I see them on ebay but very little info on google.

Steven Paris
    BPL Member

@saparisor

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Merrell's outdoor clothing used to be based here in Portland and we still have a Merrell store here. I think Merrell's biggest problem was overpricing and not really being able to capitalize on their footwear name and compete against the larger outdoor companies, like TNF, Marmot, etc. The "Opti" name seemed to be attached to a lot of their products, their version of branding like "Titanium" for Columbia.

I think the quality was on par with those same big brands for most things, so if if fits and it was cheap, use it until it dies.

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Sounds like a bargain to me. If the jacket fits, wear it!

Are you sure it is a Lumi? Merrell has a whole line of Opti Warm jackets. It appears the Lumi is a women's jacket. There is a men's Intercept Opti Warm, etc.

http://www.trailspace.com/gear/merrell/intercept-opti-warm-jacket/

I have run across some Merrell shorts that were excellent.

dave e
    BPL Member

@hipass

Locale: Los Angeles

Mine has square not triangular quilt pattern which is the typical gender differentiation on jackets of all kinds.Aside from that it is identical to the woman's Lumi.

It seems like an excellent jacket. it has a napolean pocket as well.

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

"Mine has square not triangular quilt pattern which is the typical gender differentiation on jackets of all kinds"

That and a [] shape vs )( {grin}

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools