Topic

Blackbeard & Destroyer’s 2012 PCT Thru Hike… The Movie!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Blackbeard & Destroyer’s 2012 PCT Thru Hike… The Movie!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Alasdair Fowler

@messiahkhan

Locale: Newcastle, UK

Ladies and gentlemen! I introduce to you, the epic masterpiece that is…. Blackbeard & Destroyer's 2012 Thru Hike… The Movie! Has taken me a while to put it together. But please, pour a beer, pull up a chair, sit back and drift off to the trail!

https://vimeo.com/64186889

:)

whalen e
    Spectator

@whalen

Well Done! Great footage, great music. Congratulations on both the trip & the collection of memories. My PCT trip begins in 2014 and I found this inspiring.

Thx for sharing.

terry a thompson
    BPL Member

@terry588

Locale: West

Thanks for rekindling some great memories for me!
    Great video!

Pinhead

Ozzy McKinney
    Spectator

@porcupinephobia

Locale: PNW

I'll have to wait til after work to watch it all, but I'm stoked on it!

Whalen- not to thread jack, but I'm in the PNW as well, and also planning on PCT 2014. Maybe we will have to talk…

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Locale: Way up North

Nice one Alisdair,

I watched the first ten minutes but will watch the rest later.

HkNewman
    BPL Member

@hknewman

Locale: The West is (still) the Best

Great film (only got to 36 minutes due to work, … need to catch up with it later). Looks like you hit the sweet spot with precipitation through most of the southern CA desert.

Nathan V
    BPL Member

@junk

Locale: The Great Lake State

I just finished watching it, and I've gotta say nice job. Some great photos, I liked the mix of pictures and video. Thanks.

Phillip Asby
    BPL Member

@pgasby

Locale: North Carolina

I've enjoyed the first 30 minutes – taking it in installments. However, the what look to be rattlesnake count is getting rather high in the first 600 miles!

A few looked rather large

Ian
    BPL Member

@10-7

I've made it to the 1hr mark and will finish later tonight. Looks like a wonderful trek.

Dan Magdoff
    BPL Member

@highsierraguy

Locale: Northern California

Great movie! Makes me want to start planning a PCT trip!

Leigh Baker
    BPL Member

@leighb

Locale: Northeast Texas Pineywoods

Simply incredible; so well done! Thanks for allowing me to hike vicariously!

Ozzy McKinney
    Spectator

@porcupinephobia

Locale: PNW

Really enjoyed the Forester Pass bit. So much snow! ;)

Joel Benford
    Spectator

@morte66

Locale: Surrey flatlands, England

My favourite bit was the misery and despair when the Nutella froze.

I also think that at the end you should get, oh, a parade or something instead of a glorified fencepost!

Congratulations, and I enjoyed the video.

Miguel Arboleda
    BPL Member

@butuki

Locale: Kanto Plain, Japan

Great video! Watched it till the 1 hour mark, and will continue later. What I loved was the way the video really captured the way walks like this feel… without overdramatizing it and bringing out the humanness in yourselves and those you met. Makes me want to go for the PCT.

I'm curious how Destroyer got her name "Destroyer of Worlds". And what the story is behind "Blackbeard" (though you obviously have a black beard!).

Luke Schmidt
    BPL Member

@cameron

Locale: Alaska

"My favourite bit was the misery and despair when the Nutella froze."

That is the real reason why you must have a knife in the backcountry! When your Nutella freezes you carve it up and eat it like chocolate bars.

Seriously though great video, I watched the first half the skimmed the rest due to time constraints. Have to finish it later.

James Castleberry

@winterland76

And yours is impeccable for those of us going stir-crazy in the months before hiking season. Great job and thanks for sharing!

Michael L
    BPL Member

@mpl_35

Locale: NoCo

what happened to the video? I went back to finish it and its gone….?

Alasdair Fowler

@messiahkhan

Unfortunately there was a copyright dispute with one song, so Youtube blocked the sound to the whole thing. As it doesn't really work without the music and sound I took it down. I might put it up somewhere else if I can find somewhere that doesn't cost a fortune.

Daniel Fish

@danielfishfamilypdx-com

Locale: PDX

Alasdair Fowler

@messiahkhan

Video is now back up, but has moved to Vimeo. :)

Daniel Fish

@danielfishfamilypdx-com

Locale: PDX

Angus A.
    BPL Member

@mangus7175

Locale: http://theshadedtrail.blogspot.com

Thanks for re-posting…haven't had the chance to finish.

David Erickson

@trailwolf

When I heard this video was no longer available, I was glad that I had taken the time to watch it in it's entirety. Now that it is available once more, I may need to watch again. Very well done and inspirational! Later portion brings back memories of time I spent hiking the Oregon and Washington Cascades 25-35 years ago.

Michael L
    BPL Member

@mpl_35

Locale: NoCo

Glad it's back. Now I can watch the rest.

Daniel Pittman
    Spectator

@pitsy

Locale: Central Texas

Took me three sittings, but a rainy day at work has allowed me to finally finish. Thank you so much for taking the time to record and share your experience. I used to do a lot of camping and day-hiking around Mt. Laguna, and I would often think, "Wow, that trail just keeps going… all the way to Canada." It's awe-inspiring, and I'm planning to celebrate my 50th birthday on the trail in 2024!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools