Topic

Mini skillet

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Mini skillet

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jordo _99
    BPL Member

@jordo_99

Locale: Nebraska

Found this mini skillet for $7 while picking up groceries (at HyVee) today.

Weighed it once I got it home and it came in at 5.7oz and then 4.25oz once I removed the stupid looking handle. I'm probably going to make a new handle out of .01" Stainless Steel sheeting I have laying around.

Skillet -- w/o handle

I'm thinking that I could have a very pack-able 5oz skillet for cooking pancakes, eggs and really just anything else I can cut pretty small.

Any thoughts? I've never really looked into something comparable but for $7 I think I'll be happy either way.

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

Diameter?

Backpack Jack
    BPL Member

@jumpbackjack

Locale: Armpit of California

I found this at Walmart and I took the handle off, weighs in at 3.4 oz,it works great so far.

http://www.homevillage.us/ca6nonstwili.html

Jordo _99
    BPL Member

@jordo_99

Locale: Nebraska

http://www.amazon.com/Joie-Vivre-50162-Nonstick-Surface/dp/B00068UTJI

Reviews are making me wonder how well this will work in the field but I guess I'll find that out when it comes down to it. When I cook in a skillet I always pack a small amount of oil too (usually in a travel size contact solution bottles)

D S
    BPL Member

@smoke

Have you looked at this?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools